Saturday, January 18, 2014

IN AND AROUND THUNG SONG: THE RIVER

This is the first in a series I'll be posting the next few weeks called In and Around Thung Song. I've got a couple of posts lined up that deal with the sights I see on a day to day basis where I live. Then eventually, I'll get around to posting pics from my travels :)

A few weeks ago my friends Pieter, Leandi and Terri took me down to the river for the first time. It's about a 20 minute drive out of town, an interesting and picturesque drive with plenty of typically Thai sights to see. The last time we went out there I noticed a child with a kite that was soaring 20 meters in the air easy, a cemetery, a handful of men walking their cows down the side of the road, a brand new mansion complete with a fountain out front, a graveyard of scattered and broken spirit houses, and a house with a monkey chained outside. You know, the usual. I'll try to follow up with a picture post of the drive there because all jokes aside it really is a scenic drive that is so lovely and typical of the the gorgeous Thai landscape. 



So these photos are from two separate occasions, when I went out the first time and Terri's birthday. On the latter occasion, we brought beer and paint supplies; the boys bantered back and forth on the rocks while Louise, Terri, and I produced some beautiful art work! It was a lovely afternoon spent in a great spot and I must say we'll probably return often. 

No comments:

Post a Comment